Father. Husband. Business Owner. Public Servant.
As a State Senator and Chairman of the powerful Senate Finance Committee, Matt Dolan has solidified his standing as a conservative leader by keeping his promises to reduce the size and scope of government, protect Ohio communities, and deliver record-breaking tax cuts to Ohio families and businesses. Matt’s most recent budget earned wide praise from state and national conservative organizations, including the Ohio Republican Party which labeled his effort “the most conservative budget in Ohio legislative history.”
Matt has proven to be a leader in the Ohio Senate by designing and delivering a policy agenda that gets results. From fighting to keep the costs of education low, to training Ohio’s workforce, championing school choice, and funding our police, Matt has worked to ensure our state remains a national leader protecting personal freedom and upholding the Constitution.
Matt continues to fight for investments from inside and outside Ohio with an economic climate of low taxes, less regulations and improving workforce. He knows quality education, whether at public, charter, private or trade schools is essential to prepare our children for tomorrow’s economy. Recognizing water and water quality is an asset to Ohio’s economy, Matt has worked to preserve, promote and protect Lake Erie.
Matt’s public service career began as Assistant State Attorney General and later as Chief Assistant Prosecutor for Geauga County. Senator Dolan’s private sector experience includes being a partner at the law firm in his hometown of Chardon, Ohio, as well as Vice-President of 7th Avenue Management and part of the ownership group of the Cleveland Guardians. Additionally, his commitment to Ohio’s future also stems from his work teaching the next generation of Ohio public leaders as an adjunct professor at the Case Western Reserve School of Law and Kent State University’s Geauga Campus.
When he is not working for his constituents in Columbus, you can find Matt reading and exploring the outdoors with his wife Jessica, playing just about any sport with Sam and Maddox, and of course, rooting on the Cleveland Guardians.
Below are just a few of the recent awards Matt Dolan has received illustrating his results-driven conservative leadership:
- Ohio College of Clinical Pharmacy Ohio Pharmacy Legislative Award 2022
- Ohio Council for Home Care & Hospice Home Care and Hospice Hero Award 2022
- Center for Community Solutions Award for Public Service in Honor of John A. Begala 2022
- 2021 Ohio Chamber of Commerce Champion of Business
- Legislator of the Year by the Public Children Services Association of Ohio (PCSAO) 2021
- Ohio Hotel & Lodging Association Legislator of the Year 2021
- Ohio Domestic Violence Network Leadership in Policy Award 2021
- Easterseals Ray of Hope Award 2021
- NFIB Guardian of Small Business Award 2020
- Ohio Alliance of Boys & Girls Clubs Blue Door Award 2020
- The American Conservative Union Foundation Conservative Achievement 2019
- Ohio AMVETS Legislator of the Year 2019
- Mission: Readiness Ohio National Security Leadership Award 2019
- Ohio Association of Area Agencies on Aging Elected Official of the Year Award 2019
- Healthcare Information Technology Legislator of the Year 2019
- Small business advocate from Greater Cleveland Partnership and Counsel of Smaller Enterprises 2018
- Ohio Public Transit Association Legislator of the Year 2018
- Conservative Clean Energy Champion 2018
- The American Conservative Union Foundation Conservative Achievement 2018